The Bluff Resort site has an extensive history dating back to 1836.
The area on which The Bluff Resort Apartments currently sits was originally a whaling station established in that year. A top the Bluff was a lookout and with the naked eye, whales could be spotted within 10km. The hunt then commenced using long boats and harpoons.
Thirty four years prior to the whaling station being established, Encounter Bay was named as a result of a peaceful and cordial encounter between Mathew Flinders and French explorer Nicolas Baudin. At the time France and England were at war.
Today the ‘Whalers’ site at the Bluff overlooking Encounter Bay is appreciated for its natural beauty and dedicated to relaxation.